Welcome!

You've arrived at the blog of Sorensen on Sports! Here you can read extended commentaries by Andy and Chris as well as the latest breaking news and stories that didn't make the show as well as leaving your comments.

Monday, September 13, 2010

What the puck? Hockey's already here?

It's here. For those that don't know, I've been a reporter and a cameraman for Charter Communication's "College Hockey Weekend" the past two seasons. CHW reaches 4 million homes across the Dakotas, MN, WI, the UP of Michigan, and Northern Iowa. While I'll be still performing these duties this upcoming year for such an amazing broadcast that I have been blessed to work for these past two seasons, I'm helping to add a new role to the CHW broadcasts. Not only will I be assisting in writing the weekly Pregame show, but I'll also be a feature blogger for their new blog over at collegehockeyweekend.blogspot.com.

Now to what this new gig encompasses: CHW covers Minnesota State-Mankato hockey, and to a lesser extent, the WCHA (Western Collegiate Hockey Conference for the uninitiated) at large. Naturally, you'll see a lot of that in my posts. However, from me you'll also get a "bigger picture" of the national Collegiate Hockey scene, such as looking at other conferences such as the CCHA, Atlantic Hockey, and Hockey East, the latest on recruits, and even the occasional trip "North of the Border" to check in on Canadian collegiate hockey and Canadian juniors.

Even if you're not a big hockey fan but you enjoy my work it's worth a visit or vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment