Welcome!

You've arrived at the blog of Sorensen on Sports! Here you can read extended commentaries by Andy and Chris as well as the latest breaking news and stories that didn't make the show as well as leaving your comments.

Friday, September 24, 2010

And the Emmy goes to...

First off, check out my WCHA preview over at:
http://collegehockeyweekend.blogspot.com/2010/09/wcha-preview.html where I am a blogger this season.

With College Hockey Weekend up for two Upper Midwest Emmy awards tomorrow, this marks the second time in three years that I have had my work honored by the NTA. The first was in 2008 when I won their scholarship as a college freshman for my reporting work in high school for my reporting both on my high school's news show but also for my work on a public access news show. It just reminds me of the great talent I've been given and the great quality of the projects I work on. Even if CHW gets shut out tomorrow night, I'm still proud of the crew that puts an insane amount of hours in every week to give you WCHA coverage across the Upper Midwest.

In other tidbits:

  • I called the Melo/Nets deal right out of the gate, and it appears it'll soon happen.
  • NHL preseason is underway, and it's great to see hockey back. Will the Hawks repeat as Stanley Cup champs? Wait for my NHL preview and see.
  • If you're familiar with the ESPN program "Around the Horn" you certainly know about Denver Post columnist Woody Paige and his role as a jokester on the show. Woody comes out in yesterday's Post with what possibly could be the most moving and better columns of the year about his battle with depression in the wake of Bronco Kenny McKinley's suicide: Woody's Story
  •  
    The Sorensen Poll will be out on Sunday. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment